***If the download link isn't working, please, just right click on the word art and save it to your computer.***

Thursday, November 22, 2012

I'm doing well....

Download word art here

I went in for my procedure the other day and the fabulous Orange Croc Guy was up at 5:30 AM to drive me to the hospital.

Me:  You don't have to stay.  You can go home and get some more sleep and I'll call you when I ready for a ride home.

OCG:  I'm not leaving you there alone.

Me: I'll be ok and I won't mind if you leave.

OCG:  I know you'll be ok, but I'm still not leaving.

We arrived and I got checked in and taken immediately to get prepped for the surgery.  I managed to get through everything without crying until right before they took me into the operating room.  lol!

I was on the operating table and looked at the clock on the wall as I was falling asleep.  It was 7:15.  The next time I saw a clock it was 9:30 and they were waking me up in the post-op room.

What was the first thing I said?

"Did I wet myself?  I feel like I wet myself."  They tried not to laugh and assured me that I hadn't. 

It was then explained to me that while I had been unconscious the decision had been made to keep me in the hospital over night.  OCG was being told and once I was moved and settled into a room he would be brought up to see me.

A couple of hours later I woke up in my room to find OCG there with the charger for my phone, the ipad and my laptop.  He had left after all!  But he didn't go until he learned that I would be staying overnight and he ran home to get things to keep me busy while I was being held hostage.

The poor guy even stuck around and ate a hospital lunch with me. 

I sent him home with the assurance that I was going to be ok and really just wanted to be alone so that I could sleep.

Bright and early Wednesday morning I was informed that I could go home.  I quickly called OCG and proceeded to get dressed without even bothering to take a shower while my discharge papers were getting prepared.

OCG arrived, I got loaded in the car and we headed out.  We stopped at the drug store because I had a prescription to get filled.  OCG ran it inside and came back to take me home after being told there was a 45 minute wait.

OCG:  I'll get you settled and come back for the drugs.  Do you want anything else?

Me: Hot chocolate and bagels.  Toasted with lots of butter.

OCG:  Bagels?  How many

Me:  32

OCG:  You want 32 toasted bagels with butter?

Me:  yep, and garlic salt.

OCG:  Did they give you some medication before you left the hospital?

Me: no

OCG:  Could you still be feeling the effects of whatever they gave you yesterday?

Me:  I doubt it, but wouldn't that be cool!

We got home parked the car and OCG held my arm as we started to walk inside.  It suddenly hit me how atrocious I must look.  I decided to pull up my sleeve so that my my hospital and allergy bands would show.  My hope was that anyone we passed would notice the bands and feel sorry for me instead of pointing and screaming.

OCG:  What are you doing?  It's cold out here.

Me:  I don't want people to think I'm doing the morning after walk of shame.

We got inside without scaring anyone so badly that they felt the need to scream.

OCG:  I'm going back out to get your stuff.  I'm taking your keys and locking the door so you don't have to get up for any reason.

Me: What if there's a fire?

OCG: There won't be a fire.

Me:  There could be a fire.

OCG:  If someone comes to the door yelling "fire" and you smell smoke then you can get up and open the door.

Me: If I cook there will be smoke.

OCG:  OMG!  Don't cook anything!  I'll be right back.

There may have been more to that conversation, but I really don't remember it cause by this point I had already kicked off my shoes and crawled into bed wearing the same clothes I had worn to the hospital the day before.

I woke up a little later to hot chocolate, a bagel that had been toasted buttered and sprinkled with garlic salt, my prescription bottle and OCG who seemed very grateful that I hadn't actually tried to cook anything.  lol!

All in all, I'm in pretty good shape and while I still feel some after effects of the surgery they aren't nearly as bad or as painful as the first time around.

Right now, I have to say that I am thankful for so many things!

I am thankful that I was able to enjoy a wonderful meal with my rag tag group of friends today.

I am thankful that as I type this they are all sitting across the room laughing and talking.

I am thankful for all the emails and messages wishing me well.  Many of them have come from you guys.  People I've never even met, but still consider an important part of my life.

I am thankful that on Wednesday afternoon after OCG had left and I sat alone feeling sorry for myself and crying that I received a text message that reminded me of just how lucky I am.

As soon as I find the words to share the text message with you, I will.  It needs to be heard.



  1. Thinking of you and praying for a quick recovery! Happy Thanksgiving! :O)

    Cindi (ABSees123s) in TN

  2. I have enjoyed your writings for quite some time now - just wanted to wish you a quick recovery from your procedure. OCG sounds like a saint - I know because I have one too.

  3. Oh Lord girl you crack me up. Between reading this one, and finally having the chance to read your post about your birthday adventure and then the one about the aliens...well let's just say I have had some belly chuckling moments this evening. Thank you so much for inviting us in and sharing bits of your life with us. I'm actually in the middle of putting your segment of the showcase together but wanted to check and see if there was any news on your health. I'm so glad that your procedure went well. Your in my thoughts and prayers. Oh and happy Thanksgiving!


  4. Oh Ginger you have one special guy there in OCG!! Treasure him!
    So glad all is going well for you.
    Blessings and Prayers

  5. I'm happy to hear that your procedure went well and that you are recovering at home. Of course, while reading this post you did make me laugh. You always seem to see the funny side of everything. I hope you appreciate OCG and what he does for you. Take care, Suze

  6. So glad the procedure is over, you got home okay and that you are seemingly doing good. Continued blessings. Your b.d. celebrations sounded like great fun. Glad for you. Sounds like your Thanksgiving spent with friends went good, as well. Yeah! Sounds like Nov. is ending better than you may have expected, which is a good thing. :)

  7. i love reading your posts, a sense of humor helps a person get through all kinds of stuff. i hope your recovery goes well and that the results are positive. will keep you in my prayers.

  8. I hope you are feeling much better soonest.
    How about that guy!!!
    You take care and know that there are a lot of people out here praying for you for a quick healing.

  9. I hope you feel better soon - and bless OCG for staying with you! xx

  10. Awh, I am so glad you are better and that OCG helped you through this. He is a keeper???

  11. I love your attitude...and so glad OCG was able to help you out.



Related Posts with Thumbnails